Greater Harleysville and North Penn Senior Services (GHNPSS) thanks the Aging & Adult Services of Montgomery County for their generous support.

606 E. Main Street
Suite 1003
Lansdale, PA 19446
Phone: 215-362-7432


P_ServicesServices Available to You
Financial and legal advice, assistance with taxes and rebates, Medicare and healthcare options, access to other agencies and government services.

Free Income Tax Services


As of January 4, 2021 GHNPSS (The PEAK Center and Encore Experiences) are still “On Pause” for any in- person programming, following the guidance of the Montgomery County Department of Health and the Office of Senior Services.

The free tax preparation service previously offered at our senior centers is on hold at this time. The IRS, AARP and local volunteers are working to develop procedures which might allow limited service to be offered, while protecting the health and safety of all the participants, tax preparers and taxpayers alike. However, until we can open our doors to the public safely, we cannot offer appointments for the tax preparation service at this time.

Please check our website regularly for any updates. You may also call our centers (The PEAK Center 215-362-7432 and Encore Experiences 215-256-6900) for updates. We appreciate your patience as we navigate this “new normal.”

As always, taxpayers can also seek assistance from local tax preparation firms which will charge a fee.

AARP Driving Courses

All classes are suspended through March of 2021. Please check back for updates.

Instructor: Judy Pfander
Created by AARP, these courses provide information to help you drive violation and crash free. This is a classroom course, so there is no driving or other testing involved. Check our CALENDAR for upcoming classes.

$15 AARP Members, $20 Non-member
Checks made out to AARP Register by calling 215-362-7432. Please bring AARP membership card with you.

APPRISE Medicare Counseling

Medicare counseling is offered free by state trained APPRISE counselors. These volunteers offer invaluable assistance to seniors trying to understand their health insurance options. They will answer your questions about Medicare benefits, Medigap insurance and Medicaid. Call 215-362-1076 to request assistance. A counselor will call you back.

Benefits Screenings
You may be eligible for benefits that you are not currently receiving! Come in for a quick screening to determine if you may be eligible. Don’t leave money on the table that could help you. Call today for an appointment to find out.

Farmers’ Market Vouchers
These are available annually June 1 through September 30. The vouchers can be used at farmers' market stands through November 30.

Vouchers are now $6 each; each person who qualifies is entitled to one set of vouchers totaling $24 to be used at a participating farm stand. Please check with your favorite farm stand to learn its hours of operation.

Legal Counseling
By Appointment
Attorney Jack Dooley provides free legal consultations. Schedule an appointment at the office window.

Low-Income Heating Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) accepts applications each year between November 1 and April 9 or until all the funds are distributed. Eligible low-income households will receive a grant applied directly to their account with their heat supplier—oil, gas or electric. The proposed income guidelines for 2020-21 for homewoners and renters are as follows:
Household Size             Maximun Annual Income
           1                                        $19,140
           2                                        $25,860
Apply online at or pick up an application at The PEAK Center.

Property Tax/Rent Rebate

Property Tax and Rent Rebate paper applications for the 2020 tax year will be available by early February. New for 2021: you can apply online for this rebate at the PA Dept. of Revenue’s myPATH portal by CLICKING HERE. If you qualify, you can receive a rebate up to $650. You must have been 65 by December 31, 2020, with a maximum household income of $35,000 for a homeowner and $15,000 for a renter. Widows and widowers aged 50 or older and people with disabilities over 18 may also qualify. In computing income, only 50% of Social Security and Railroad retirement benefits are counted. The application deadline is June 30, 2021.

The North Penn School District is also offering a tax rebate to its homeowners and renters, but they must have first qualified for the PA Property Tax/Rent Rebate for 2019. Once you receive the state's rebate for 2019, you can apply to the school district for their additional rebate through 6/30/2021. The application is available to download at the link below. Learn more, get an application, and get help from the Social Services Coordinator at either Encore Experiences or The PEAK Center.

Free shared ride service to The PEAK Center is available if you are age 65 or older. Rides must be booked at least one day in advance by calling The PEAK Center by 11:00 AM. Inquire at the office window for TransNet registration information. To cancel a Transnet ride, please call TransNet directly at 215-542-7433. If you are calling after hours, please follow the prompts to reach Mid-County Transportation.

Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)
The CSFP is a USDA Food Program that is designed to improve the health and nutrition of senior citizens. You must be at least 60 years of age and your total household income must be at or below the following (Updated 4/2020):

Family Size          Annual                Monthly          Weekly Income

        1                 $16,588                $1,383                    $319
        2                 $22,412                $1,868                    $431
To register for this program, please see Carol and bring with you: 

  • Proof of Age (Driver’s License);
  • Proof of Residency (Utility bill, Driver’s License);
  • and Proof of Gross Income (Statement from Social Security, Pension Statement, etc.)

The monthly CSFP Food Package contains: 4 vegetables, 2 juices, 2 fruits, 1 protein, 2 cereals, 1 protein alternate, milk product, carbohydrate, and 2 lbs. cheese.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement 2019

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


Please call 215-362-7432 for more information on these services or to schedule your appointment.

For other Helpful Resources, click here.


Copyright © 2004-2020 Greater Harleysville and North Penn Senior Services - All Rights Reserved | Site Design: Bergey Creative Group