Greater Harleysville and North Penn Senior Services (GHNPSS) thanks the Aging & Adult Services of Montgomery County for their generous support.

606 E. Main Street
Suite 1003
Lansdale, PA 19446
Phone: 215-362-7432


Services Available to You:
Legal advice, assistance with taxes and rebate, Medicare insurance options, access to other agencies, and government benefits programs. 

Free Income Tax Services
GHNPSS is proud to offer this free service by IRS-trained AARP volunteers during the tax filing season. This trusted and reliable service is offered to low- and moderate-income households, generally under $60,000 in annual income. Members of GHNPSS at either site will be given priority in scheduling an appointment during the first week they are offered. Please call PEAK at 215-362-7432 to schedule an appointment.

AARP Driving Courses
We offer these Safe Driver courses throughout the year, which may qualify you for a discount on your car insurance. To find out more information on future classes, please see our program calendar found under the "About Our Center" tab or call 215-362-7432.

Benefits Screenings
You may be eligible for benefits that you are not currently receiving! Come in for a quick screening to determine if you may be eligible. Don’t leave money on the table that could help you. Call today for an appointment to find out.

Farmers Market Vouchers
We expect the vouchers to be available beginning in mid- to late June 2024. Please contact either Encore or The PEAK Center in June for up-to-date information about receiving one set of vouchers per person for this summer.

Eligibility requirements for 2024: 1) you must be 60 yrs. or older, and 2) a Montgomery County resident, and 3) you must have income below $2,322/mo. or $27,861/yr. for a single person and $3,151/mo. or $37,814/yr. for a couple.

Legal Consultations
Free legal consultations are available by phone on the 4th Tuesday of the month. Please call PEAK at 215-362-7432 to set up an appointment. 

Low-Income Heating Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) accepts applications each year between November 1 and April  or until all the funds are distributed. Eligible low-income households will receive a grant applied directly to their account with their heat supplier—oil, gas or electric.

The income guidelines for 2023-24 for homeowners and renters were as follows:

Household Size             Maximum Annual Income

          1                                        $21,870

          2                                        $29,580

Proposed income guidelines for the 2024-2025 application season will be posted in the fall.  Apply online at or pick up an application at The PEAK Center.

PA MEDI Medicare Counseling
Free, unbiased counseling for Medicare benefits, Medigap insurance and Medicaid is offered by trained volunteers. Call 610-834-1040, ext. 145 to request an appointment on Wednesdays.

Property Tax/Rent Rebate
Applications for the PA Property Tax/Rent Rebate for 2023 tax year are available and can now be submitted through June 30, 2024. New rules apply to applicants for the 2023 tax year: both homeowners and renters can have income up to $45,000 and the rebate amounts are higher than previous years. If you qualify, you can receive a rebate up to $1000. You can apply online for this rebate at the PA Dept. of Revenue’s myPATH website at or pick up a paper application at The PEAK Center or the local PA legislator's office.

The North Penn School District continues to offer a tax rebate to its homeowners and renters who have first qualified for the latest PA Property Tax/Rent Rebate for 2022. Once you receive the state's rebate for 2022, you can apply to the school district for their additional rebate from 7/1/2023 through 6/30/2024. The application is available to download at the link below. Learn more, get an application, and get help from the Social Services Coordinator at The PEAK Center by calling 215-362-7432 ext. 203.

Free shared ride service to The PEAK Center is available if you are age 65 or older. To schedule a ride, cancel a ride, or inquire about TransNet registration call 215-256-6900. Rides must be booked at least one day in advance.

Commodity Supplemental Food Program / Senior Food Program
This is a USDA Food Program that is designed to improve the health and nutrition of senior citizens. You must be at least 60 years of age and your total household income must be at or below the following (Updated 8/2023):

Family Size          Annual                Monthly          Weekly Income

       1                 $19,578                $1,632                    $377

       2                 $26,572                $2,215                    $511

To register for this program, please call or see the Social Services Coordinator with the following: Proof of Age (Driver’s License or PA ID)

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement 2023

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
2. fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Please call 215-362-7432 for more information on these services or to schedule your appointment.


Copyright © 2004-2020 Greater Harleysville and North Penn Senior Services - All Rights Reserved | Site Design: Bergey Creative Group