Greater Harleysville and North Penn Senior Services (GHNPSS) thanks the Aging & Adult Services of Montgomery County for their generous support.

312 Alumni Avenue
Harleysville, PA 19438
Phone: 215-256-6900


E_Services - Tax PrepServices Available to You
Financial and legal advice, assistance with taxes and rebates, Medicare and healthcare options, access to other agencies and government services.

Free Income Tax Services


As of January 4, 2021 GHNPSS (The PEAK Center and Encore Experiences) are still “On Pause” for any in- person programming, following the guidance of the Montgomery County Department of Health and the Office of Senior Services.

The free tax preparation service previously offered at our senior centers is on hold at this time. The IRS, AARP and local volunteers are working to develop procedures which might allow limited service to be offered, while protecting the health and safety of all the participants, tax preparers and taxpayers alike. However, until we can open our doors to the public safely, we cannot offer appointments for the tax preparation service at this time.

Please check our website regularly for any updates. You may also call our centers (The PEAK Center 215-362-7432 and Encore Experiences 215-256-6900) for updates. We appreciate your patience as we navigate this “new normal.”

As always, taxpayers can also seek assistance from local tax preparation firms which will charge a fee.

Appointments must be scheduled in advance for the following services:

Benefits Screenings
You may be eligible for benefits that you are not currently receiving! Come for a quick screening to determine if you may be eligible.

Farmers' Market Vouchers
These are available annually June 1 through September 30. The Farmers’ Market Voucher Program for this year will be handled by mail. The application can be downloaded from our website here or requested from either Center. Please review the Basic Rules of the program also found on our website. Complete your application (click here) and mail it back to the Center. Once it has been received and approved, your vouchers will be mailed to you. Vouchers are now $6 each; each person who qualifies is entitled to one set of vouchers totaling $24 to be used at a participating farm stand. Please check with your favorite farm stand to learn its hours of operation.

Low-Income Heating Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) accepts applications each year between November 1 and April 9 or until all the funds are distributed. Eligible low-income households will receive a grant applied directly to their account with their heat supplier—oil, gas or electric. The proposed income guidelines for 2020-21 for homewoners and renters are as follows:
Household Size             Maximun Annual Income 
           1                                        $19,140
           2                                        $25,860
Apply online at or pick up an application at The PEAK Center.

Medicare Advice
Ed Savitsky guides you through the Medicare maze the first Tuesday of each month.

Notary Service
Claire Schumaker, Notary, volunteers her services for Encore Experiences' members.

Are you or someone you know homebound and can benefit from services provided at our Center? We will reach out to those who may need assistance.

Property Tax/Rent Rebate

Property Tax and Rent Rebate paper applications for the 2020 tax year will be available by early February. New for 2021: you can apply online for this rebate at the PA Dept. of Revenue’s myPATH portal by CLICKING HERE. If you qualify, you can receive a rebate up to $650. You must have been 65 by December 31, 2020, with a maximum household income of $35,000 for a homeowner and $15,000 for a renter. Widows and widowers aged 50 or older and people with disabilities over 18 may also qualify. In computing income, only 50% of Social Security and Railroad retirement benefits are counted. The application deadline is June 30, 2021.

The North Penn School District is also offering a tax rebate to its homeowners and renters, but they must have first qualified for the PA Property Tax/Rent Rebate for 2019. Once you receive the state's rebate for 2019, you can apply to the school district for their additional rebate through 6/30/2021. The application is available to download at the link below. Learn more, get an application, and get help from the Social Services Coordinator at either Encore Experiences or The PEAK Center.

Free shared ride service to Encore Experiences is available if you are age 65 or older. Rides must be booked at least one day in advance by calling Encore Experiences by 1:00 PM. Inquire in the office for TransNet registration information. To cancel a TransNet ride, please call TransNet directly at 215-542-7433.

Veterans Service
A Montgomery County Office of Veterans Affairs representative will meet with veterans and/or spouses to discuss opportunities and claims upon request.

Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)
The CSFP is a USDA Food Program that is designed to improve the health and nutrition of senior citizens. You must be at least 60 years of age and your total household income must be at or below the following (Updated 4/2020):

Family Size          Annual                Monthly          Weekly Income

        1                 $16,588                $1,383                    $319
        2                 $22,412                $1,868                    $431

To register for this program, please see Deb and bring with you: 

  • Proof of Age (Driver’s License);
  • Proof of Residency (Utility bill, Driver’s License);
  • and Proof of Gross Income (Statement from Social Security, Pension Statement, etc.)

The monthly CSFP Food Package contains: 4 vegetables, 2 juices, 2 fruits, 1 protein, 2 cereals, 1 protein alternate, milk product, carbohydrate, and 2 lbs. cheese.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement 2015
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


Please call 215-256-6900 for more information on these services or to schedule your appointment.

For other Helpful Resources, click here.


Copyright © 2004-2020 Greater Harleysville and North Penn Senior Services - All Rights Reserved | Site Design: Bergey Creative Group