Greater Harleysville and North Penn Senior Services (GHNPSS) thanks the Aging & Adult Services of Montgomery County for their generous support.

312 Alumni Avenue
Harleysville, PA 19438
Phone: 215-256-6900


Services Available to You:
Legal advice, assistance with taxes and rebate, Medicare insurance options, access to other agencies, and government benefits programs. 

Appointments must be scheduled in advance for the following services:

Free Income Tax Services
GHNPSS is proud to offer this free service by IRS-trained AARP volunteers during the tax filing season. This trusted and reliable service is offered to low- and moderate-income households, generally under $60,000 in annual income. Members of GHNPSS at either site will be given priority in scheduling an appointment during the first week they are offered in early January. Please call Encore at 215-256-6900 to schedule an appointment.

AARP Driving Courses
We offer these Safe Driver courses throughout the year, which may qualify you for a discount on your car insurance. To find out more information on future classes, please see our program calendar found under the "About Our Center" tab or call 215-256-6900.

Benefits Screenings
You may be eligible for benefits that you are not currently receiving! Come for a quick screening to determine if you may be eligible.

Farmers Market Vouchers
The Farmers' Market vouchers will not be available until early July 2023. Please check back for updates.  Each eligible person will receive 1 set of five vouchers totaling $50 in value. These can be used through November 2023 at participating farmers' markets to buy produce grown in PA.   Eligibility criteria: 60 years or old any time this year, a Montgomery County resident, and income below these amounts: single households- $26,973/yr.; married households - $36,480.

Legal Consultations
Free legal consultations are available by phone on the third Thursday of the month. Please call Encore to set up an appointment. Appointments are required.

Low-Income Heating Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) accepts applications each year between November 1 and April 9 or until all the funds are distributed. Eligible low-income households will receive a grant applied directly to their account with their heat supplier—oil, gas or electric. The proposed income guidelines for 2022-23 for homeowners and renters are as follows:
Household Size             Maximum Annual Income

           1                                        $20,385
           2                                        $27,465
Apply online at or pick up an application at the Center.

PA MEDI Medicare Counseling
Free, unbiased counseling for Medicare benefits, Medigap insurance and Medicaid is offered by trained volunteers. Please check out our program calendar found under the "About Our Center" tab or call us for dates. Appointments are required.

Property Tax/Rent Rebate
Applications for the PA Property Tax/Rent Rebate for 2022 tax year will be available in late January/early February and must be submitted by June 30, 2023. If you qualify, you can receive a rebate up to $650. You can apply online for this rebate at the PA Dept. of Revenue’s myPATH website at or pick up a paper application at Encore or the local PA legislator's office.

The North Penn School District continues to offer a tax rebate to its homeowners and renters, but they must have first qualified for the latest PA Property Tax/Rent Rebate for 2021. Once you receive the state's rebate for 2021, you can apply to the school district for their additional rebate from 7/1/2022 through 6/30/2023. The application is available to download at the link below. Learn more, get an application, and get help from the Social Services Coordinator at The PEAK Center by calling 215-362-7432.

Free shared ride service to Encore Experiences is available if you are age 65 or older. To schedule a ride, cancel a ride, or inquire about TransNet registration call 215-256-6900. Rides must be booked at least one day in advance.

Veterans Service
A Montgomery County Office of Veterans Affairs representative will meet with veterans and/or spouses to discuss opportunities and claims upon request.

Commodity Supplemental Food Program / Senior Food Program  
This is a USDA Food Program that is designed to improve the health and nutrition of senior citizens. You must be at least 60 years of age and your total household income must be at or below the following (Updated 2/2022):

Family Size          Annual                Monthly          Weekly Income

        1                 $17,667                $1,473                    $340
        2                 $23,803                $1,984                    $458

To register for this program, please see Deb and bring with you: 

  • Proof of Age (Driver’s License);
  • Proof of Residency (Utility bill, Driver’s License)

The monthly CSFP Food Package contains: 4 vegetables, 2 juices, 2 fruits, 1 protein, 2 cereals, 1 protein alternate, milk product, carbohydrate, and 2 lbs. cheese.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement 2019

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email:

Please call 215-256-6900 for more information on these services or to schedule your appointment.

Copyright © 2004-2021 Greater Harleysville and North Penn Senior Services - All Rights Reserved | Site Design: Bergey Creative Group